This week we invited Sara back to the show to talk about Blade Runner! She hadn't seen it, so we got to introduce her to a classic (again!).
What we've been up to
- Diablo 3 Necromancer
- Hearthstone Expansion
- Bande a Part
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- True Detective s2
- Handmaid's Tale
- Awake: A Dream of Standing Rock
(00:44:00) Sara's Podcast Shoutouts
- We Hate Movies
- Last Podcast on the Left
- Chapo Traphouse
- Baseball Tonight
- Destiny 2
- Game of Thrones (Spoiler warning 00:26:10 to 00:34:27)
- The Sexy Brutale
- Brooklyn 99
- The Incredible Jessica James
- Alice Isn't Dead s2
(00:51:25) Blade Runner
- What is Blade Runner?
- Initial impressions
- Replicants vs Humans - what is the difference
- Influences in current media, or media that came after
- Are we to empathize with replicants? Does their ability to effectively navigate relationship dynamics form the basis for just treatment? Wouldn’t any entity with an artificially shortened lifespan try to extend it? Are the “evil” replicants acting on a drive for preservation? @alatinolawyer
- The Voight-Kampff test
- Are you as sad as me that animals are basically extinct in 2019? @alatinolawyer
- Curious on your take on the ending - why did Roy make the choice he did? @JonathanCellini
- Is Deckard a replicant?
- Should Rachel have been told she was a replicant? @alatinolawyer
- Different versions - how much/often should works be changed after release?
- What do you hope to see in Blade Runner 2049?
- Did you play the ‘97 Blade Runner video game? If so, what were your thoughts? Do you like video game adaptations that tell a side story rather than retelling the plot of the movie? @The_Doc_Webb
If you’ve got any feedback, questions, people or topics you’d like to hear on future episodes of the show, you can reach out at MediaMavensCast@gmail.com or on Twitter @_MediaMavens. We've also got a forum to discuss episode at CartridgeClub.org. If you like the show, please give us a review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Music: Vivacity by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/